We all need time to relax. It is crucial for mental wellbeing and recovery. These are a few of my go-to coping strategies – have a think about yours.
- Reading a new novel (often discovered at a local charity shop)
- Mindfulness and taking note of my surroundings – the sounds and sights.
- Exercise – a brisk walk, a trip to the gym, or a cycle to my nearby shop.
- Walking in the countryside; parks, flowers, nature.
- Bubble baths
- Art: from charcoal drawing, to craft projects and sewing, I find this very useful to focus my mind towards a new project.
- Creative writing & poetry.
- Happy music (my playlist ranges from Glee, to musicals, to upbeat pop music).